Monday, April 11, 2011

Salmon Cakes with Yogurt Dill Sauce


My husband will literally eat anything, except Salmon. Especially after he was hospitalized and it was on the menu. I can't imagine trying to swallow poorly cooked, stinky fish when I'm not feeling well. It makes me queasy just thinking of it. He will happily devour these though...

Salmon Cakes

Salmon- I used fresh and cooked it. You can use canned if you like.
Potatoes, cooked, drained and mashed
onions and garlic, chopped and sauteed (this ensures that you don't chomp down on a raw onion, while everything else is nice and mushy.)
dill- I had dried on hand, you can you fresh if you like
tiny bit of lemon zest
black pepper and salt to taste.

Mix all the in ingredients together and form into a patty with your clean hands. Fry them in a little oil or non- stick cooking spray until they are crusty, brown and delicious

Yogurt Dill Sauce

plain yogurt
dill- fresh or dried
lemon zest
tiny bit of mustard

mix everything together and let the flavors marry one another. It's going to be a white wedding. Spoon the sauce over the fish cakes.

No comments: