Sunday, February 13, 2011

Haddock fillets with Corn Relish



Fish
cornmeal
red pepper flakes
cayenne pepper
salt
pepper
fresh haddock or any kind of fish
1 egg

Mix the first 5 ingredients together. Crack the egg into a bowl and beat. Dip the haddock in the egg first and then coat with the cornmeal mixture. Fry it in a pan with non-stick cooking spray. If I made this again, I think I would just bake the fish in the oven.

Corn Relish
green peppers
red onions
garlic
cayenne pepper
corn (I used frozen)
tablespoon of balsamic vinegar

Saute the first ingredients together with a bit of olive oil. When the vegetable are soft add in the corn and heat thoroughly. Add the balsamic vinegar lastly.

I found the recipe a bit bland but Tracey liked it. I would season the cornmeal mixture a bit more next time.

No comments: